Safe and sound in Borneo right now.
After 2 hour flight from Senai to KK, transit to another 45 minutes flight from KK to Lahad Datu, then another 1 hour drive from Lahad Datu, I've arrived at a place in the middle of nowhere.
A place that I will call home for the next 4 months, I think.
Still, I got an air-conditioned room with Astro, and unbelievably super excellent internet connection coverage for my broadband. All hail Celcom!
Here's some random list I made from my short first experience in Sabah.
- Flying with small, propeller aircraft is far more exciting than flying with bigger, jet engine plane.
- The view during take off from KKIA is indescribable. Mind-blowingly beautiful. Make sure you're seated at the left side of the plane, facing the sea.
- There's more pickup truck than Myvi here. Pickup truck is the Myvi of Sabah.
- There's no Merc/Bimmer in Lahad Datu. All the big taiko have Toyota Land Cruiser V8.
- 1st time kena penangan makan besar dengan orang Cina. Nasi putih + Ikan 3 rasa + Kailan masak cili + Sup jagung + Telur dadar cili api + Kangkung goreng = Tumbesaran perut.
- Dpahne Iking masih belum kelihatan.